You are aware that you’re not satisfied in Toronto neighbourhood where you live. You got a job in another Toronto adjacency. The children are reaching the age where they need a good education. And there are no good schools near your home. Whatever the reason might be, you need to relocate to another place in Toronto. No matter what you need, you will find it somewhere in Toronto. So, being that Toronto offers everything you might need, it will probably be a short move. Toronto short distance moving is a piece of cake- you might think. But you would be so wrong.
Moving short or long distance in or to Toronto, it doesn’t matter. You still need to do almost exactly the same things to prepare for it. The difference is only in distance. You’ll have less cost for transportation and insurance. Everything else is completely the same. Shortly, you need to pack, transport your items to your new home, and unpack. If Toronto short distance moving is what you’re about to do, read these lines. It will be very helpful for your preparation!
How to conduct Toronto short distance relocation
- Pick a Toronto neighbourhood where you want to move to
- Prepare everything you need for the moving day
- Choose between two options: conduct the Toronto short distance moving all by yourself, or let Toronto local mover do it
Pick a Toronto adjacency to relocate to
Talking about the choice of the neighbourhood, here is no ideal solution for your short distance migration within Toronto. It depends on your needs. But no matter what your requirements are- some part of Toronto will certainly offer it to you! So, if you are not sure, you may read our text about Old Toronto neighbourhoods and maybe it will be helpful to you. Nevertheless, you will certainly find out what these parts of Toronto have to attract you for moving there!
You should pay attention to various things when choosing a neighbourhood of Toronto for your short distance relocation. Choose a place near your new job or a new school for children. You know how problematic the transportation in Toronto might be. Don’t get stuck every day, it is better to relocate to a place from where you can walk to your job or your children may walk to school.
Do a proper preparation for your Toronto short distance moving day
What should you do? You need to start as soon as possible. It is the most important. There’s more than a month until the relocation- great, start today! We will mention only several things you shall do to prepare for the short distance Toronto relocation to come:
- Buy/borrow packing supplies (you’ll need packing boxes, wrapping material, packing tape, filling material etc.)
- Make a checklist of everything you need to pack- Regardless of the fact that you’re moving near your previous Toronto home, you still don’t want to forget packing something.
- Prepare your items for packing- Clear and clean your furniture, and do the disassembling. Some items you can transport easier disassembled. We’ll repeat once again, it doesn’t matter you’re only moving short distance within Toronto, you still need to do everything you’d do if you were moving long distance.
- If you are renting the apartment- Deal with every obligation you might have regarding leaving it
- Get in touch with your friends and family and check if they are available to help you on your moving day
You want to prepare all of the aforementioned before the moving day for your short-distance Toronto relocation comes. Therefore, you shall not get confused when it comes, rushing to do everything quickly. Another piece of advice is to make a list of responsibilities for your friends and family. By doing that, everyone will know what to do. And that way, in case something goes wrong during your Toronto short distance moving day, you’ll know who was in charge of it, and that way you’ll be able to solve a problem much faster. And the speed is very important for Toronto short distance move. Toronto packers and movers charge you per hour. The faster you do things- the less you’ll pay.
Should you hire a Toronto local mover for your short distance relocation?
We already said you need to do almost everything the same when it comes to the relocation- no matter if you’re making a short or long distance Toronto move. Since it is that way, we advise you to hire a relocating company offering Toronto local moving services. Here are the advantages of the suggestion to hire a local mover compared to conducting the Toronto short distance relocation by yourself:
- You need to transport your stuff- so if you’re moving by yourself, you’d need to rent a van or a truck. Toronto mover already has it.
- In case you’re moving by yourself, you should know how to drive a truck or a van. And how to drive it not to damage the items you’re transporting. Toronto local moving companies already have the personnel trained to do that.
- You must purchase the insurance policy for your items, in case something gets damaged or broken during the moving. The top Toronto local relocating companies include the insurance in the price even for your Toronto short distance moving.
- Moving by yourself means that you need to carry all the heavy things, with help of your friends and family. Do you really want to torture yourself and your beloved that much?
These are just the most important things to consider when choosing to hire a home relocating company for your Toronto short distance move. Therefore, we claim that you might even spend more money not hiring one. Being that you need to pay for a van or truck, pay for insurance etc. So, hiring a company offering Toronto moving services is a good idea. The probability of something going wrong that way is reduced to a minimum. Also, you get to be stress-released.
Conclusion: Get ready for packing yourself, and leave the transportation to a Toronto local mover
What we do suggest is to do the packing yourself (special tip- be extremely careful while packing fragile items). That you may do without too much effort. And it may be amusing to you and your friends&family. And you shall save money for that job. Which is almost half of the price, being that you are moving near your previous Toronto residence. So the transportation is probably not going to take too much time. And Toronto moving companies charge for their moving services per hour. It is important to save money, so do the packing yourself, previously preparing everything to do that right. But it is also important to do the relocation safely. That’s why you should hire a Toronto local mover to conduct the transportation part of your Toronto short distance moving.
If you decided to pack your things by yourself, you may find the video on how to pack the fragile items (such as the dishes) useful: