How to plan an international relocation to Lebanon?
Lebanon, also known as the “Switzerland of the East” in the period during the 1960s, was once a land of great prosperity. Its unique culture draw in many tourists from all over the world, so much that its capital Beirut was an extremely popular and famous tourist destination. Then, at the end of the 20th century, a civil war broke out in this country. Of course, this war ravaged the country’s infrastructure, but ever since it ended, Lebanon has slowly but steadily been on the road back to its former fame. Today, the country is back on its feet, it provides great quality of life benefits, and an international relocation to Lebanon is certainly an appealing option.
Hiring professional movers
Planning an international relocation to Lebanon can be tricky, just like any move (international or otherwise). There are many things to think about and organize. In this post, it would be impossible to cover everything in detail, so we’ll just focus on the most important things.
First of all, we can’t stress how important it is to hire a high-quality moving company for your relocation to Lebanon, such as Boueri Freight Services Lebanon. Even if your budget is low, hiring professional movers should be your priority, especially if you have a job and a family to attend to. The reason is that moving, unfortunately, takes a lot of time. A huge portion of that time you’d need to spend actively working toward achieving your goal of relocating to Lebanon. And that is very hard and stressful to pull-off while trying to lead a normal life at the same time.
For that reason, you certainly need to hire professionals when moving overseas. On the other hand, if you have a lot of time to dedicate to planning and making your relocation to Lebanon happen, then you can try doing everything on your own. A positive view on this situation is to treat it as a new challenge, a lengthy process during which you will learn a lot about something you didn’t know much about before. With that attitude, you can do everything on your own, but it will still be very hard. Don’t say that we didn’t warn you.
Finding reliable professional movers
But, how to find a reliable moving company? Based on our experiences, we certainly recommend BFS Lebanon. Still, don’t take our word for it. Here’s a little guide on how to spot a good moving company on your own. Apart from being of a high-quality, a moving company should also provide all kinds of services you may need, so we’ve included a few tips in that direction as well. How to find affordable movers, that will still do a great job, is another question you need to ask.
- You’re looking for a company that can provide you with a binding estimate or a binding not-to-exceed estimate. These estimates, or quotes, will tell you how much will the move cost. If you get a non-binding estimate, that means that the final cost is subject to change – it could be lower or higher. If you get a binding estimate, the cost won’t change. However, if you get a binding not-to-exceed estimate, that means that the final cost can only be lower.
- In order to make sure that the company isn’t fraudulent, know that you’re entitled by law to get a free estimate. As soon as you contact the given company, the person you’re speaking with should suggest that someone visits you at your current home to provide a free estimate. If they don’t – that’s a sign that the company is potentially fraudulent, or just not very good.
- Check out the company’s equipment. If it’s in a bad state, it’s most likely not a good company.
- If you will be needing storage services as well, make sure that the company provides them. Also, you might need someone with experience in relocating large objects, such as furniture or a piano. Such objects will often need to be disassembled before your relocation to Lebanon – that’s why you need someone who can do this with ease. Even with our tips for moving outdoor furniture, it still won’t be easy to handle that on your own.
How to pack more easily
We’ll move on with some tips related to packing. Packing is usually one of the most stressful parts of any move. Simply put, there’s a lot of work involved. Luckily, with our advice, you’ll make the process much easier.
- Before you begin packing, make a moving checklist. On that list there should be an inventory of all the things that you will need to pack. Making such a list will bring order into the packing process, making it much easier to handle.
- Designate one room in your home as a so-called “packing station”. In this station, place all the packing materials, all the boxes, and all objects that you will need to pack that day. Having a designated area for packing is another thing that helps with being more organized during packing.
- Make sure to protect fragile and valuable items. It’s a good idea to use newspapers, or other such material, to protect such belongings.
- Read our article on packing tips for busy mums for additional tips & tricks.
How to have an affordable relocation to Lebanon
Finally, if you’re moving on a budget, you’ll surely want to know how to stay on budget and not lose too much money while moving. Here’s what you can do.
- If you can pull it off, it will be useful for your wallet to move during the off-season. Basically, the off-season is any period during the year when the weather is not that good or when the temperature isn’t exactly ideal. This means that summer months are off. Moving to Lebanon during the off-season will be useful because moving companies charge a lot less money then. From being affordable, they become practically cheap.
- Declutter your home before moving of all the things that you’ll likely never use again. The less things you move, the more affordable will your relocation to Lebanon be.
- Get free moving boxes. Although unused boxes are more sturdy and generally more safe, getting free boxes can also do the job and doing so will be good for your budget. Look for free boxes at grocery stores, online, at your office, etc.