Hiring the ideal Toronto moving company
Have you ever had the urge to pull out a map, close your eyes and just point to a city…and then move there? No. Well, if such a time does come and you decide on moving to Toronto, it might not be as easy as you think. There is a tone of stuff you need to consider – doing the research, finding a new place, finding a new job… The whole process is really tiring and you need as much help as you can get. And that’s why we’re here. And one of the most important tasks awaiting you will be finding the perfect moving company. So, just in case you’re asking yourself how to go about doing this, here’s a short tutorial.
How to go about choosing the right Toronto moving company for you
Compose a list of the top 10 moving companies in Ontario that would suit your Toronto move needs
You know the saying: “Knowledge is power”? Well, that principle works here as well. The more you know guarantees more chance for you to get the best deal possible. So let’s get down to it – you need to collect as much information about potential moving companies as you can. In case you’re wondering how exactly to go about doing that, here are some pointers:
- Go online and start your research there. The Internet has become the best and largest source of information. You’ll have no trouble getting the names of all the top-rated moving companies in Ontario. From there it’s just a matter of checking which one is best suited for your needs in regards to terms and cost.
- Get recommendations from people. Online references are good, but they can still point you in the wrong direction. The bigger the moving company, the better the marketing, but not necessarily the service. Well, why not ask the consumers then. If none of your family or friends can give recommendations, there are always online reviews and comments.
- Reach out to a Toronto real estate agency. While arranging for your new home in Queen City, why not ask about movers. The risk here is that each agency has a deal with certain movers, so not really the most reliable way to go, but hey, the point is to have choices.
Time to conduct a background check of your top choices
By now you should already have a list of top movers. Time to go onto to the next step – verification of their credibility and services. There are two simple reasons for this step:
- Avoiding fraudulent choices and losing money. Basically, you need to consider that you are moving all of your possessions to a completely new place. The last thing you want is to hire a moving company which might overcharge you or cause damage to any of your things due to mishandling. This is why you need to do a background check.
- Narrowing your choices down. It might be hard for you to narrow your choice down since every company looks confident enough. When you go through the skeletons in the comments and reviews, scratching off some of them will be a breeze. You won’t even feel it.
With all this in mind, don’t be afraid to go to the website of each moving company to start you checking. Review their licenses (if they have any), check their galleries and read through the comments of previous customers. This will give you an overall frame of the company. If you are unable to find any of these, the company is either still green and has no experience or has something to hide. Whatever the case – move on. If they do have everything mentioned, we’ve got something worth considering.
Check whether the company is mentioned in any public forums or chat rooms. And while you’re already searching, check whether any complaints have been filed through the Better Business Bureau.
Take your selection a step further before signing off on a moving company for your relocation to Hog City.
Time to go head to head with the choices left before you. Arrange for a meeting with the remaining companies on your list to discuss terms. You should by now know exactly what you expect from a mover. You need to find the perfect balance between cost and service. So sit down with each company representative and gather information to help you make your choice:
- Cost estimate and what you’re getting for the money you’re paying. Have the representative stop by your home and give him a tour of the possessions you intend on moving. This will give a precise estimate on the man-power and tools required to make the move happen. As a result, you will get an exact estimate of the cost and time each company would need to make the move happen.
- Potential subcontractors. Bigger moving companies tend to use sub-contractors, so you need to make sure who would be handling the move. Inquire about licenses and any sub-contractors that might handle the grunt work on behalf of the company.
- Additional fees. Make sure that you will not be charged any additional expenses due to weight or accessibility. If the contract has no mention, you are not obligated to cover any such costs.
- Insurance options. It’s important that your valuables are insured in cases of damage during transport, given that this happens often. Check with the representative whether insurance is part of the deal or not. If not, make sure to make it happen before the move. You shouldn’t put a price on piece of mind.
- Extra offers to sweeten the deal. Check whether the moving company has any limited time deals or offers, anything that would make them stand out. In the end, it might come down to that one factor.
End of the road – time to choose the best moving company for the new beginning awaiting you in Toronto
If you’ve followed the advice we provided above, your choice should already be as good as made. It should have come down to two or three companies, if not the one that is ideal for your needs. Just to be sure, go through all the criteria once again with the companies you have remaining. It never hurts to go the extra mile if it means making the right choice. The thing to remember is not to look for the cheapest or biggest company out there. Start your new life with the right idea – hiring a reliable and cost-efficient moving company with a high-quality level of service.